Careers at WALTHAM
Waltham Site Project Manager
(18 month fixed term contract)
We are looking for Capital Project Manager to join our team to oversee the current construction of our new buildings as well as handling existing projects and adding to the design of further site strategy and development.
This role will give you hands on experience at all project levels from design through to construction and commissioning. With daily project management, including CDM aspects, design changes and build challenges as well as working across all of Mars Inc Safe systems of work and current CDM regulations you will be responsible for the continued development of the site project strategy and management process.
Please note this is an 18 month fixed term contract
Closing Date: 24th March 2021
Find out more and Apply Here
- Involve relevant stakeholders at appropriate stages to build and agree project scope
- Engage Mars commercial to ensure the required tender and legal processes are followed
- Liaise with steering team throughout project to inform and escalate actions as necessary
- Fulfil the role of principal designer for all CDM activities
- Manage on site contractor activities in line with Mars safe system policies
- Manage individual capital project budgets and complete required capitilisation process
- Review and continuously improve the Waltham project management process
Laboratory Scientist - Chemistry
Are you passionate about pets and an have a chemistry, biochemistry or related degree?
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Waltham laboratory team working in our chemistry team.
We are looking for a highly competent and technical scientist that can work as part of a wider team to deliver vital outputs to both the laboratory and research teams through experiments and analysis.
Find out more and apply here
Closing Date: 26th March
- Perform a variety of existing laboratory methodologies and processes
- Use scientific knowledge and understanding to provide input during project discussions.
- Support with the validation of new methodologies and contribute to the development, refinement and troubleshooting of relevant methodologies.
- Carry out maintenance of key laboratory equipment
- Communicate research data stakeholders.
Operations Pet Trainer
We do not have a vacancy right now, but we are looking to connect with great talent to build relationships for future Operation Pet Trainer roles coming in Q2 of the year.
As a member of the Operations Trainer team, you will play an important role in ensuring that Waltham continues to deliver the highest possible standards of animal training and enrichment. You will help ensure that the pet population is fit to contribute to Waltham research programme in line with the insitutes Caring Science Approach. The role holder will also have the opportunity to develop their expertise in animal training, animal welfare and behaviour.
Find out more and Apply Here
If you have any queries please contact us through our contact us form.
- Deliver trial related training to cats and dogs
- Perform non-regulated research procedures, e.g. urine collection.
- Enable regulated research procedures, by holding pets or cueing pets for position for the personal licensees.
- Deliver life and core skill training to kittens and puppies.
- Record relevant data for measuring training progress.
- To identify new behaviours of our pets that open research opportunities and develop training protocols to enable these.
- Train pets with specific training needs.
What does A Better World For Pets™ mean to us?