Careers at WALTHAM
Laboratory research scientist - Analytical Chemistry (12 month fixed-term maternity cover)
This role is not 100% bench based and you are expected to be on site a minimum of 2 days a week.
- Initiate, manage and report on internal research projects.
- Input on project planning and experimental design .
- Run and optimise existing laboratory methods
- Identify, develop and validate new laboratory methodologies and capabilities
- Define, source and manage necessary resources for successful implementation of projects
- Communicate information, research outputs and business implications to key audiences
- Supervise, support and provide training to other laboratory scientists in the analytical chemistry lab
- Help maintain and develop safety practices
- Help develop new initiates and procedures to ensure the laboratory runs effectively and efficiently
Statistician (12 month contract)
Do you want to design efficient scientific experiments? Are you excited to be challenged by a variety of projects with complex data sets?
We are looking for a Statistician to join our Data Analytics team on a 12 month contract. You will help shape research projects that drive innovation alongside other stakeholders as well as report on progress, results, experimental design, and statistical analysis.
Please note this is a 12 month contract
- Perform experimental design and statistical analysis for experimental scientific research studies.
- Report clearly and communicate results
- Peer-review scientific work for a diversity of stakeholders
- Train and educate the research team on statistical methodologies
- Advocate the purpose of data-driven research and working to high scientific standards.
Animal Trainer (Cat / Dog)
Does your dream job involve training cats and/or dogs? If yes then we have the perfect role for you!
We're currently recruiting individuals to join our animal trainer team. This role is essential to ensure that the pet population is fit for purpose to ensure the delivery of the Waltham research programme, and that Waltham continues to deliver the highest possible standards of animal training and enrichment.
- To deliver trial related training to cats and dogs of all ages and breed.
- Perform non-regulated research procedures, e.g. urine collection.
- Enable regulated research procedures, by holding pets or cueing pets for position
- To deliver life and core skill training to kittens and puppies.
- Record data for measuring training progress
- To identify new behaviours of our pets that open research opportunities in line with the Waltham Caring Science Approach.
- Drive your own development in the field of pet training.
- Train pets with specific behaviour training needs
Pet Unit Specialist
Want to spend your day looking after dogs and/or cats? If yes then we have the perfect role for you!
We are currently registering interest for pet unit specialists to join our cat and dog team at Waltham. This role is critical to the day to day delivery of the research trials and also to ensure a high standard of care for the pets.
Read more about the role from pet unit specialist Debi here
Please note that this is not currently an active role, but a chance to register your interest for future vacancies as Pet Unit Specialists.
- Husbandry and care - Deliver and record all care and husbandry tasks on your designated animal unit (e.g. feeding, grooming, clipping/trimming, tooth brushing and health checks)
- Data collection - Collect and record accurately all relevant animal samples and data
- Delivery of dog/cat life skills training, recreation and socialisation
No role for you?
What does A Better World For Pets™ mean to us?