Careers at Waltham
Pet Unit Facilitator
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to work as a Pet Unit Facilitator in our Pet Unit Operations team.
Your main main responsibility will be to facilitate the day to day running of one or more of our 8 animal units. You'll achieve this by co-ordinating the wider pet specialist team to ensure tasks are completed efficiently, and by ensuring the unit is running smoothly through careful organisation.
- Resource scheduling and coordinating work for your designated unit(s)
- Administration duties- handling data
- Key influencer of quality, safety and welfare
- Developing and delivering a number of continuous improvement activities that drive quality and effectiveness
- Act as Duty Associate on some weekends (1 in 5) and Bank Holidays (circa 3).
Do you want to design efficient scientific experiments? Are you excited to be challenged by a variety of projects with complex data sets?
We are looking to recruit a Senior Statistician to join our Data Analytics team.
As one of senior statisticians you will help shape research projects that drive innovation alongside other stakeholders as well as report on progress, results, experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Design - deliver study designs with efficient use of resources and high ethical standards.
- Interrogate - analyse experimental data to generate thorough reports critical for scientific publications, patents, and contribute to insights and product innovation.
- Review - Peer-review scientific work and communications from stakeholders across our Petcare ecosystem
- Grow - Train and educate the research teams on statistical methodologies
- Advocate – share the purpose of data-driven research
Science Communication Specialist
Are you passionate about science communication, and skilled at translating complex scientific information into content suitable for a variety of audiences and platforms?
We're currently recruiting for a science communication specialist to help us amplify our science and engage key audiences. As part of the science communication team you'll have the opportunity to deliver communication plans with creative content for global reach. The content you create will also inspire future Associates by bringing Waltham and Mars Petcare to life as a future career destination for scientists and pet specialists.
- Create engaging content to tell our stories authentically.
- Support the delivery of communication plans for scientific publications through to employer reputation and associate advocacy activations
- Identify key messages for stories from scientific technical communications, publications, events or other opportunities.
- Create, edit and review content (eg website copy, blogs, social posts, presentations, infographics, videos) to hit key messages, and tailored to the target audience
- Support the development of communication capability and confidence through training
Dog and Cat Unit Specialist (Contractor)
Does your perfect job involve working with cats and/or dogs?
We're currently recruiting for pet specialists to join our cat and dog team. This role is critical to the day to day delivery of the research studies and to ensure a high standard of care for the pets on site.
If you're passionate about animals and looking for your next move then find out more and apply here.
- Data collection - Collect and record accurately all relevant animal samples and data
- Delivery of dog/cat life skills training, recreation and socialisation
- Husbandry and care - Deliver and record all care and husbandry tasks on your designated animal unit (e.g. feeding, grooming, clipping/trimming, tooth brushing and health checks)
Trial Support Lab Technician (12 month assignment)
An exciting 12 Month Assignment opportunity has arisen for a Full Time Trial Support Laboratory Technician.
This role is key in supporting the research team and to provide support for the implementation of research needs. The trial support lab technician role is an excellent first career step.
- Process biological samples (such as saliva and faeces)
- Media preparation
- Preparation of flavour solutions and model food systems
- Adhere to standards of laboratory practice
- Attend trial planning meetings
- Liaise with research members on trial requirements and progress updates
Laboratory research scientist - Analytical Chemistry (12 month fixed-term maternity cover)
The role will work in key partnership with the broader research team to translate the research programme into laboratory practice through a high degree of technical knowledge and expertise in analytical chemistry. As part of the laboratory team you will assist in the planning of research projects and conduct laboratory experiments and will also be responsible for ownership of the analytical chemistry labs.
This role is not 100% bench based and you are expected to be on site a minimum of 2 days a week.
- Initiate, manage and report on internal research projects.
- Input on project planning and experimental design .
- Run and optimise existing laboratory methods
- Identify, develop and validate new laboratory methodologies and capabilities
- Define, source and manage necessary resources
- Communicate information, research outputs and business implications
- Supervise, support and provide training to other laboratory scientists in the analytical chemistry lab
- Help maintain and develop safety practices
- Help develop new initiates and procedures
Animal Trainer (Cat / Dog)
Does your dream job involve training cats and/or dogs? If yes then we have the perfect role for you!
We're currently recruiting individuals to join our animal trainer team. This role is essential to ensure that the pet population is fit for purpose to ensure the delivery of the WALTHAM™ research programme, and that Waltham continues to deliver the highest possible standards of animal training and enrichment.
- To deliver trial related training to cats and dogs of all ages and breed.
- Perform non-regulated research procedures, e.g. urine collection.
- Enable regulated research procedures, by holding pets or cueing pets for position
- To deliver life and core skill training to kittens and puppies.
- Record data for measuring training progress
- To identify new behaviours of our pets that open research opportunities in line with the WALTHAM™ Caring Science Approach.
- Drive your own development in the field of pet training.
- Train pets with specific behaviour training needs
No role for you?
What does A Better World For Pets™ mean to us?